The Open Sanctuary Project
Last Modified: April 16, 2021
The Open Sanctuary Project (“OSP” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website OpenSanctuary.org (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by OSP or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Users Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, billing information, or postal address (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use services on our Website, subscribing to our newsletter, making a donation, or contacting us. We may also ask you for information if and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of donation transactions you carry out through our Website. You may be required to provide financial information for a donation before requesting a download of the Care Program Evaluation Checklist through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, our third-party analytics provider, Google Analytics, may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information our analytics partner collects automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not collect any personal information automatically.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any downloads or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To request feedback to help improve the Website.
- To collect donations from you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will never sell or rent your personal information to others.
Your information may be processed by our third-party service providers, including our website hosting service, our donation processing services, our newsletter provider, and our analytics service. These service providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep your data private and secure.
We may be required to disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Open Sanctuary Project, our supporters, or others.
- Otherwise with your consent.
Choices About Your Information – Accessing and Correcting Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. You can review and change your personal information by emailing us and requesting that we provide you with the information that we hold and then requesting changes..
You may opt-out of receiving any marketing communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email you receive from us.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Deleting your personal information may mean that we are required to delete your account. If you have created an account with us, you may be able to log into your account and delete your information on your own. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All donation transactions are encrypted by our third-party payment processors.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.