Senior Advisor Tara and Nonprofit Specialist Julia talk about the many considerations that go into protecting avian residents from predators. We’ll touch on the risks that predators present, how to familiarize yourself with predator types in your environment, and how to site avian living spaces appropriately. We’ll also talk about the importance of impenetrable overnight living spaces and infrastructure that can secure the perimeter of avian living spaces in the daytime. Finally, we also talk about protocols caregivers can use to maintain this infrastructure and ensure ongoing predator-proof living spaces!
This Episode’s Referenced Open Sanctuary Project Resources:
- Predator Proofing For Bird Residents At Your Sanctuary
- The Caregiver’s Guide To Developing Your Observation Skills
- Good Home Series For All Covered Species
- Creating An Enriching Life For Chickens
- Compassionate Wildlife Practices At Your Animal Sanctuary
- Resources On Avian Influenza